Enable the block bar

Hello

I have SW 2016 - SP05

I have a problem, I have activated in the system options, the ACTIVATE THE BLOCK BAR box.

Except that the yellow/orange bar is not visually present on my pieces to use it. So I can't use it.

Has anyone ever had I pb, 

A PDF is attached.

Thank you

blocage.pdf

Hello

Have you attempted to restart solidworks and/or your pc after validating the block bar option?

yes, I restarted everything

1 Like

It's weird, have you tried to open another room to see if the bar pops up?

1 Like

Hello

I don't use this feature, but I just enabled it on multiple rooms and it works without a problem.

I have the same version as you.

Maybe disable the function and close the software, then re-enable the function?

Kind regards

Sandrine

1 Like

Hello

The easiest way is to repair the software. This is probably something that bugged when upgrading the SPs.

2 Likes

To see to reinstall SW from the DVD.

1 Like

Installation redone since SW2016 SP05 direct.

Everything is correct, in terms of installation.

But the pb persists.

The weird thing, if I put an old setting of a SW2014 version, I see the option bar activates the blocking bar.

and when I reload my SW2016 setting, I can't see anything anymore, so I think that depending on my options, there must be checkmarks that contradict each other.

Which one?

you are on a part or an assembly

the blocking bar only works on parts it seems to me

@+ ;-)

@GT22: Yes, it's only for the parts.

@s.guinot: I think that unfortunately it's a bug, there's no reason why after a reinstall it doesn't work.

1 Like

Hello

I also have SW 2016 SP5 and I don't have a pb, so it's not a bug. Do you have this problem on all your parts?

@+

Pb that goes back to the SW developer, because I sent my SETTING and parts I made.

And Axemble did tests on my parts and on their parts, and the conclusion, it's a Pb with my setting. So, it sends that to the editor.

Just redo the SETTINGS manually, mine had become corrupted; and provoked a bellow.