Thread Rating Display

Hi all

I have a small problem on the display of the rating of my threads under SW2018....

I do a tap in a room with the function "Assistance for drilling" then "Tap for straight pipe" and it makes me a tap .... So far so good because that's what I'm asking him.

When I dimension this thread with the "Symbol for drilling" function on a drawing, it gives me a double dimension. the top dimension with the drilling Ø and its depth and below the value of the thread and its depth. (see PC)

Problem:

I would like to remove the drilling Ø to keep only the type of thread and its depth.

Solution:

For the moment, I click on the dimension and then in the PropertyManager, I change the value of the dimension in "Dimension text" by removing:

<MOD-DIAM> <hw-tapdrldia> <HOLE-DEPTH> <hw-tapdrldepth>

Is there a way to modify the source file (which source file? which line in the source file?) so that you don't have to do it by hand anymore?

There you go..... I hope I have been clear.

Have a nice day

Michael

capture.jpg

Hello

You need to modify the text file: calloutformat.txt 

It is normally located in the directory: C:\Programs\Solidworks Corp\lang\English. 

Having never modified it, I don't guarantee the result, knowing that there are a lot of parameters and that it is difficult to find the ones that interest us.

Have a nice day

Thank you Rim-b,

I did open this file but ...... I don't know what each element is. I don't want to do anything stupid.

The first thing you should do, if you decide to change it, is to make a backup of this file. Then I think it takes a little bit of free time to find the right settings, which is why I haven't made any changes to this file yet.

Have a good day to you