Display that freezes when navigating between Assemblies and Subassemblies (SW2020 SP04)

Quick question, when switching a window from a subset to the parent assembly, the display freezes. It is then possible to save and close the file only. Or possibly after 1 minute of waiting, solid closes!! Anyone have this problem?

The shots are terribly slow and crash after 30 minutes. The graphics  window also freezes (then crashes solid) when switching between child assemblies and drawings.

HP zbook 17g5 (Intel core i7-8850H CPU@2.60Ghz 2.59 Ghz), 65GB free on c:

48GB RAM, Win 10 Enterprise up to date

CG: Quadro P3200

Multiple versions of solid on the same disc: 2016-2018-2019 and 2020

Hello

I'm thinking more of a 'hard' problem, like a problem of a memory stick than anything else.

Try to do a memory test with Memtest86+ (you will need a CD, USB boutable).

You can also remove the strips, clean the connectors with a little alcohol, and put them back on.

Hello

On SP3.0, Solidworks has a lot (but then a lot) of problems with hatching having a high scale factor and complicated geometry ('houndstooth' for example).

Try to change this to simple (or even plain) patterns with a large pattern scale factor (1 or 2) and it should maybe get better if the bug is not fixed in SP4.0.

spr number: Spr 1156484 (not resolved at time T)

A 'tip' given by SW: Performance is much better when "Auto hatching" option is active in section view.

Tip for working: hide all the cross-sectional views and show them as the work progresses (hide them again as soon as they are finished and show everything again just before the final recording).

I validate , I've been on sw2020 sp4 for a week and I really regret the 2019.

may the force be with you.

Thank you for your feedback.

For the memory test, I have no right to the machine, so I'm going to have a hard time. Maybe I'll disassemble, blow and reassemble...

For the cuts and hatching, I'll try to hide to see if it's better. Thanks for the advice.

The hatching scales I am often in auto, but I notice that it is often problematic whatever the version of solid.

Anyway, thank you for your advice, I'm waiting for a call back from the hotline to check the configuration of the pc, I sent reports by the RX too...

I'm going to say "solved", my impression is that my problems started after an update of windows 10 and ended after a new update from microsoft last Friday. Since then, there have been no more particular problems...