Solidworks EPDM View: Icons and Text Size Too Small (Unreadable)

Hello Gentlemen, 

Delighted to be part of the Lynkoa community. 

I have a display problem on Solidworks PDM making my file searches on the explorer or via Solidworks PDM unreadable. Search size via solidworks is impractical.  

I can look at the display settings or change the files to "large icons" on the file explorer nothing helps. 

Thank you in advance for your tips. 

See you soon

Thomas

2020-11-26_12_54_32-parametres.png

Another screenshot to show the problem with the Soliworks PDM display: 

2020-12-04_11_00_04-solidworks_professional_2017_x64_edition_-_virole.sldprt.png

Hello @besnault.thomas

At all hazards

it's not a zoom problem (the magnifying glass may be at a minimum) on your PDM file explorer

@+

Thank you for your answer. I would have preferred it to be so simple, but I have no control on the display. My problem is the same when I perform a reference search in the vault via File Explorer. A change in the size of icons in Explorer does not impact Solidworks PDM

2020-12-04_11_27_26-solidworks_professional_2017_x64_edition_-_virole.sldprt__.png

Hello

What type of PC, Workstation or Laptop are you on?

In the Windows display settings, what size text do you have, what screen resolution?

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello 

I'm on a laptop, display setting everything is by default:

- Text size 250% 

- 3840*2160

But these parameters have no influence, see this screenshot made under another resolution and a text size of 300% 

2020-12-04_11_57_23-.png

On a 17-inch Max laptop

Your definition may be exaggerated 

for a 30 inch it's okay (;-))

for a 15 inch it doesn't work ;-( except to see the movies but do you still have to have movies in 4K ;-)

See this link among others

https://www.imedias.pro/cours-en-ligne/informatique/definition-resolution-taille-ecran/exemples-resolutions-ecrans-en-fonction-diagonale-et-definition/

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

I think it's the 3840*2160 that needs to be changed, do a test with 1920*1080 and a text size of 125% to see ... then adjusted to have the best compromise.

Kind regards

1 Like