Solidworks Variable Display="Nothing" in Drawing

I would like to know if this is possible when a vairiable is not filled it does not display anything and not "not specified". See photo

sans_titre.png
1 Like

I haven't tried it but by editing the background plan and putting a space, does it work?

You create a zero hardware so zero by default?

@+ ;-)

1 Like

I haven't done the test, so I don't know if it works, but it's just an idea:

In your Smartproperties setting, after the MATERIAL property, you add a "Conditional" function:

• If Matter = <unspecified materials> the MATTER property becomes "-" (the hyphen is better than nothing I think !!)
  • If material other than  <unspecified materials> the MATERIAL Property becomes a SolidWorks property.

1 Like

Hello

I have adjusted the parameters of my CAD so that each new part is a material named None.

In the settings of this material, the name that appears in the title block is a dash ' - '

S.B

1 Like

Hello

In your drawing, try unchecking the "Link error in annotations" option in the "View" drop-down menu.

Kind regards

erreur_lien.png
1 Like
To answer this question, a tutorial has been created.
To access this tutorial, follow this link:
Material attribute "<material not specified>" with a "-" via Smartproperties"
2 Likes

Thank you for your answers,

flegendre : Thank you, but I don't have time at all to modify my smartproperties and remodify my MEPs.

jmsavoyat : The option is already unchecked.

gt22 : I'm taking your answer because for me it's a time saver at the "T" moment.

Thank you again.

1 Like