Solidworks sheet metal module help

Hello

I would like to have some explanation about the sheet metal module on Solidworks...

I try to create a folded sheet metal on edge, after having created a sketch on the edge in question, I can't select this sketch...

My solidworks must be badly configured, I can't get anywhere... I'm desperate!

If someone can help me, send me tutorials etc...

Many thanks in advance 

Hello

To create a sheet of metal bent on edge, there is no need to make a sketch. You click on the function and then on the edge or you want to put the fold and the part must already be a sheet metal piece.

2 Likes

Hello, I recommend this very complete tutorial: 

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ghalOYesjlU

2 Likes

Thank you manu67 for this answer, but when you don't want, for example, the fold to be on the entire length of the edge? 

You expand the folded sheet metal function  on edge, then you  edit the sketch and then you can modify it.

2 Likes

And if not, there's the help of Solidworks which is pretty well done anyway;)

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_Adding_Edge_Flanges.htm?id=50494afada2343eba752cb0acc07cc27#Pg0&ProductType=&ProductName=

2 Likes

Ok, I managed to edit the sketch, thanks

On the other hand, when you want to do "2 legs" on the same edge?...

What is the purpose of the "edit the bent sheet metal profile" tab in the folded sheet metal function?

You click on the 1st folded sheet metal function on edge and you delete it, then you make a second one and rework it, then you re-activate the 1st one.

Hello
To make 2 legs you have to make the sketch of the legs and then make the folded base sheet/leg

Can you make a screen print of "edit the profile of the folded sheet"

Another question, see attachment, I would like to extend a fold "to the surface", do you have a tip?

Thank you

q1.png

Hello mooky,

I can't find a "paw" tab in the folded base sheet function....

manu67,

Here is the screen print...

q2.png

you just have to create the sketch and then click on the folded base sheet function and it creates the legs according to your sketch

Yes when you are in function you have the length of the sheet folded where there is blind you expand and select  up to the top and there select the top at the end of the stop at the bottom

Or you do as before; Edit the sketch of your fold and you dimension from the corner of your sketch to the front by putting a dimension of 0.5 so that they don't touch each other.

1 Like

HI, send us your piece so that we can see how you did it. ^^

I don't think it's nice; We help you and you don't validate the best answer....

3 Likes

+1 @manu67 so we don't even know if the PB is solved ...

1 Like