Help for reconstruction STL = > Surface

Hi all!

I am turning to your experience because I have no one in my entourage who can help me concretely.

I have an STL imported into Catia, and the objective is to extract the surfaces as faithfully as possible, the goal being to create a volume from these surfaces (You will find the model in PC). For your information, it's a main landing gear fairing, the surface (or volumetric, to see what will be the easiest) extracted will be cut and optimized (fixing/mounting/manufacturing).

I started by cleaning the mesh, but I didn't remesh it, because the result doesn't match the geometry of my model. The model being quite complex, I used the "Brush" and the "Trap" of the "Activated" function in the Quick Surface Reconstruction module. I have been extracted from the surfaces, but they are not clean. 

I followed the tutorial found on Lynkoa (reconstruction of a mannequin's head), but I get stuck quite quickly, having no experience in reverse engineering.

Thank you very much in advance in any case! 

mlg.png

Hello

Can you post your STL file?

1 Like

Yes, of course!

That's :)

fairings.stl

I can't open your stl with solidworks, it crashes every time.

On the other hand, in view of the image you posted, I would start by closing the ends of the open surfaces, which will generate a volume if you manage to sew all the surfaces.

Good luck

By using the import of your stl file, CATIA manages to recreate the point cloud and then by using the mesh function we can see that there is a problem with the wheel drum.

For the top of the train you can already use it without any problem.

Can you put the link to the tutorial and specify the passage that is blocking?

maillage.png
2 Likes