"Align" a Length and Angle Dimension

Hello

In preparation for automatic drawing generation, I would like my dimensions not to move too much. So I wonder if there is a trick to align a dimension of length and radius cf following image:

I also take this opportunity to ask if it is possible to attach a geometric tolerance to an angle dimension please  ?

Thank you for your answers

Dimension Tolerance

The Dimension Tolerance dialog box can be accessed by clicking Tolerance in Tools, Options, Document Properties, Dimension Options .  It controls dimension tolerance values and the display of dimensions that are not integers. The options available depend on the tolerance type selected and change depending on whether you set the document options or apply the specifications to the selected dimensions. A window displays an overview of the dimension and tolerances.

Related text value

In TolAnalyst, when a dimension is related text with more than one value, you can select one and edit it.

Type of tolerance

Select one of the following tolerances: None, Absolute, Bilateral, Limit, Symmetric, MIN, MAX, Fit, Fit with Tolerance , or Fit (Tolerance Only). You can set the Tolerance Type to None, and then use the default settings for the maximum and minimum values, as well as for the font in the current document. When you change the properties of a dimension, the default tolerance settings will be those set in these options.

Tolerance values

Specify the Maximum Variation  and/or Minimum  Variation values appropriate to the tolerance type you selected.

Font/Fit Tolerance Font

Specify the font to use for the dimension tolerance text. For Fit and Fit with Tolerance and Fit (Tolerance Only), Fit Tolerance Font is available for the text of Bore Fit and Shaft Fit.

• Select Use Dimension Font if you don't want to change the font size for the dimension tolerance text.

• To change the size of the dimension tolerance text, clear the Use dimension font check box and select one of the following options:

• Police scale. Enter a number between 0 and 10 to scale the font.

• Font height. Enter a value to specify the height of the font.

Show parentheses

Select this option to display parentheses around tolerances such as Two-Sided, Symmetric,  or Fit with Tolerance.

Linear or angular tolerance

Choose Linear Tolerance or Angular Tolerance to set document properties for linear or angular tolerances.

Display of the adjustment tolerance

Choose Stacked with Line Display, Stacked without Line Display, or Linear  Display .

1 Like

It's a complete answer but unfortunately it doesn't answer my question because it's a problem of "formatting" the rating that I have.

Isn't it possible to simply freeze all the dimensions of an M.E.P. please?

1 Like

@ Roub25

If the answer answers 1 of your questions:........... to angular tolerances

I also take this opportunity to ask if it is possible to attach a geometric tolerance to an angle dimension please  ?

for the position of the niet dimensions in car

See also this tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/outil-de-cotation-dans-les-mises-en-plan

@+

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/Align_Collinear_Radial_Dimensions.htm

Align dimensions in a collinear/radial manner

In a drawing view, aligns and groups the selected linear, radial, or angular dimensions. The selected dimensions must be of the same type and have a common direction (linear dimensions) or a common center point (angular dimensions).

To align and group dimensions in a collinear fashion:

1. In a drawing view, select a dimension group.

2.  Click Align Collinear/Radial  (Alignment toolbar) or Tools , Dimensions, Align Collinear/Radial.

The selected dimensions are arranged in a straight line. They are also grouped together and maintain their linear layout when moved. The odds are aligned with the last selection.

art\ALN_COL2_shg.gif

art\ALN_RADL_shg.gif

Aligned in a collinear fashion

Radially aligned

To highlight dimensions that are aligned with each other:

Right-click a dimension that was created with Align Collinear/Radial  and click Show Alignment.

Aligned dimensions are indicated by blue dots.

To ungroup a dimension from a series of aligned dimensions:

Right-click a dimension that has been created Align Collinear/Radial  and click Break Alignment.