High-Temperature Stress Analysis

Hi everyone

As part of an internship I am required to calculate and analyze the stresses at high temperature  in the radiant tubes of a kiln.

I don't see how to explain the constraints on the sides at the elbows apart from the dilation and the effect of gravity. temperature  at this level and 950 °C

Thank you for your help;)

photo.png

Hello

This topic can help you.

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/ecoulement-des-fluides/analyse-statique-%C3%A0-haute-temp%C3%A9rature

Gauthik

To highlight the impact of gravity, redo the calculation by changing the orientation of gravity by 90° (following the normal to the plane of the part in this case).

How do you use T° in your model?

I ran a thermal study, then went back to the static study and imported the thermal results by adding the other conditions.

And does the thermal study give "hot spots" in these places?

No, no hot spots. It's true that the tubes have an 8mm passer and the elbows 10mm, but I don't think it's because of the difference in thickness.

Maybe because of radial dilation + the effect of gravity?

RM: tube 1 is recessed the 4 can move horizontally 

Hello 

in order to analyze how the tube behaves, you can post-process the main max stresses instead of V-M to see the tensile stresses. This way you will know in which "direction" the tube is deforming. If the whole circumference is in traction, it must mean that it is expanding, whereas if only the inside of the elbow is in traction, it means that it is collapsing because of gravity. 

Otherwise you can compare the geometry before/after to see how the structure behaves. 

1 Like