Angle pli tolerie

Hello 

I would like to know if it is possible to modify the corner socket in sheet metal. Let me explain, for a 90° fold ok:

On the other hand, for a 45° fold the fold "starts" on the wrong side, for me it is at 135° and not at 45°.

I would like it to be like this:

Do you have a solution?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Hello

On your image 2, the fold is 45° compared to its initial position (flat) so it's a 45° fold!!!

Kind regards

1 Like

For me, the angle of the fold is the one that corresponds to the angle (red arrow on the piece). So here, still for me, the angle is 135°. It's a matter of complementary/additional angle angle, can we set it differently?

For me, the angle of the fold is the one that the material must travel between its initial position (flat) and its folded position, hence the 45°. I don't think we can set this up any differently.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello, I agree with @d.roger, we're talking about the angle at which you have to make a bend of 135, not that you need a remaining angle of 45, otherwise the folders have to do the math each time, between the remaining angle and the desired angle which is complicated for them and not necessarily the fastest! Personally I find it logical, easier the job of the production!

2 Likes

no the folds start from 0/180

your crease is 45°

See this tutorial 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghalOYesjlU

It's a habit to get into

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

I'm in the process of switching from Topsolid to Solidworks and in Topsolid the angle setting was as I just explained. That's why I was a little troubled ;-).

If anyone ever knows a solution, I'm all for it. otherwise I'll have to get used to it...

Kind regards 

Thank you all, I'll have to get used to it then....  

1 Like

I think it's the best and the easiest !!! :)

Kind regards

2 Likes