Angles in Grade in Solidworks?

Hello everyone, would anyone know if there is a way to use GRADE corner units in solidworks please????

Thank you for your answers

I think the best is to convert via XL 

There was a post about the fofo on it but I can't find it anymore too bad

@+ ;-)

You have to go to the Tools menu --> Options

Then in document properties

Then Units

Choose a custom style

Set radian for angle dimensioning

See attached screenshot

capture.jpg
4 Likes

@Yves

I almost made the same answer, except that there is no Grade in the solidworks options and there, the request is well grade and not radian.

Apart from doing as gt22 said, by doing a conversion with XL, I don't think there is a solution.

Attached Conversion Table

http://www.unitjuggler.com/convertir-angle-de-deg-en-gon.html

@+ ;-)

@Rim-B Yes, that's true, but it seems to me that, in SolidWorks, radians are grades in fact, and that there is confusion of terms.

I'll look at this to confirm... (I doubt it)

1 Like

To answer Yves Boutherand: using Motion, radians are indeed radians in Solidworks.

For the answer to the question about Ranks, you can't have them in the Options/Properties menu of the Documents/Units. I couldn't find the file that governs the units in the Solidworks folders.

Hello

Indeed, unity does not exist in SolidWorks. The @gt22 link is interesting but for those who benefit from myCADtools, there is the "BatchConverter" utility which is quite complete.

Kind regards

unitsconverter.png
1 Like

After testing, indeed, radians are indeed radians...

And indeed, it is impossible to rate directly in grades

1 Like

For Radian/Grade conversion and others, see the Windows Calculator in Conversion mode (View/Convert menu or Ctrl+U)

calculatrice_conversion.jpg
3 Likes