Preview in SW 2014 viewing window under win 10 home 64bit

Hello

Before I was under win 7 pro 64 bit and SW2013, I had the preview in the win explorer.

I very recently switched to Win 10 home 64bit and sw2014 and now I can't get this preview.

I browsed the forum, by the way I had already had the problem and found the solution but now I'm calling.

Do you have an idea?

Thank you and Happy New Year

Diiity

1 Like

Hello diiity,
First of all, my best wishes !!
Here is a link that maybe can help with your problem.
https://www.solidworks.com/fr/support/system-requirements
Kind regards.

@+.
AR

Hello diity,
To complete the @A.R comments, SW2014 is not compatible with Windows 10 (SW2015 SP5 mini).
In addition, it seems to me that there were bugs on some versions that did not display the model forecast (maybe the 2014 I don't know anymore).

1 Like

Hello
Yes indeed, according to A.R.'s link, 2014 would not be compatible.
So I would need 2015 mini, now it's not won.
On the other hand with my config, will it pass:
a pc with 8GB of ram in DDR3, this quadro 600, the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-F2A78M-HD2 and the processor is a DualCore AMD A4-4000, 3200 MHz (32 x 100).
Thank you for your help
Diiity

1 Like

I admit that SW2015 is too old for me to remember what configuration is needed to run it properly.
I would tend to say that 8GB of RAM is limited anyway with a Windows 10 (16GB mini seems more suitable to me).

1 Like

I'm not a great designer, I tinker with a few parts for 3D printing which mainly concerns model aeronautics.
I'll see to upgrade my machine and go to 16GB.
diiity

I'm not going to make you move forward much...
Basically, I don't think it comes from your machine.
I noticed that the preview is capricious even when having a machine that meets the requirements.
In the office, we have similar machines and what works for one person does not necessarily work for the other :angry: and may start working without us knowing why.

3 Likes

Well, I'd do without.
Thank you
Diiity

1 Like