API VBA Automatic welded construction

Hello

I'm looking for a solution to create welded construction groups in a VBA API from a 3D sketch already generated in VBA.

My previously generated 3D sketch is called NdM3D and contains a variable number of segments (between 5 and 50) all named "line 1" to "line i". I managed to limit the number of lines of my code a little by fiddling, but I still have 7 lines of code per segment, between declarations and functions. So I'm trying to turn this function into a loop that spans all the segments in my sketch. I got the Ubounds variable from the number of segments, it works. But no matter how much I try several syntaxes, I can't create a loop that creates the array of groups for the soldered construction. The orientation being quite random, each segment must be in a distinct group. I am finally looking to have the group.array table that contains "i" groups each composed of a single segment.

My current code:

Dim swApp As SldWorks.SldWorks

Dim Part As ModelDoc2

Dim boolstatus As Boolean

Dim FeatMgr As FeatureManager

Sun SelMgr As SelectionMgr

Dim mySketch As SldWorks.Sketch

Dim swWeldFeat As SldWorks.Feature

Dim swWeldFeatData As SldWorks.StructuralMemberFeatureData

Dim skSegCount As Long

Dim vSkSegments As Variant

Dim skSegment As SldWorks.SketchSegment

Option Explicit

Public Sub Main()

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks
    Set Part = swApp.ActiveDoc
    Set FeatMgr = Part.FeatureManager
    Set SelMgr = Part.SelectionManager

Dim myFeature2 As Object
    Set myFeature2 = Part.FeatureByName("3D NdM")
    Set mySketch = myFeature2.GetSpecificFeature2()
    vSkSegments = mySketch.GetSketchSegments()
    skSegCount = UBound(vSkSegments)
    Debug.Print"    number of segments in the sketch = " & skSegCount

Dim myFeature As Object
    Set myFeature = Part.FeatureManager.InsertWeldmentFeature()
    Dim GroupArray() as Object
    ReDim GroupArray(0 to 100) as object

' For i = 1 TB UBound(vSkSegments)

' From here, this is the part that works for 2 successive segments, which I want to extend to the i segments in the loop

Dim Group1, Group2 As StructuralMemberGroup
    Set Group1 = FeatMgr.CreateStructuralMemberGroup
    Set Group2 = FeatMgr.CreateStructuralMemberGroup
    Dim segments1(0) As Object
    Dim segments2(0) As Object

boolstatus = Part.Extension.SelectByID2("Line1@NdM 3D", "EXTSKETCHSEGMENT", 0, 0, 0, False, 0, Nothing, 0)
    Set segments1(0) = SelMgr.GetSelectedObject6(1, 0)
    Group1.Segments = (segments1)
    Set GroupArray(0) = Group1
    boolstatus = Part.Extension.SelectByID2("Line2@NdM 3D", "EXTSKETCHSEGMENT", 0, 0, 0, False, 0, Nothing, 0)
    Set segments2(0) = SelMgr.GetSelectedObject6(1, 0)
    Group2.Segments = (segments2)
    Set GroupArray(1) = Group2

' Next I

Set myFeature = Part.FeatureManager.InsertStructuralWeldment4("D:\SW Library\Profile Library\Test\profile1\mon_profile.sldlfp", 1, False, (GroupArray))
    Part.ClearSelection2 True

End Sub

Be careful, the syntax will surely sting the eyes of insiders, it is a compilation of several copy-pastes of examples that seemed to me to correspond to my research.

Any idea?

Thank you.

Hello

I am attaching an idea of the code.

Can you give me a SW file with a 3D sketch corresponding to the macro's need for testing?

macro_construction_soude.txt
2 Likes

Attached is a test file with the welded construction profile. I look at the code in parallel. Thank you.

test_api_construction_soudee.zip

Quickly done well. I had tried this syntax but I must have missed something,  it didn't work. I believe that I had omitted the declaration of the variable i. Thank you remrem.

The first time!? :-)

I admit that I doubted it.

Glad I helped you.

Have a nice day.

1 Like