[Call for Evidence] Liaison between EPDM and SAP

Hi all!

I am calling on you to find out if your companies use a link between EPDM and ERP (here SAP).

If so, I've heard about EPDM Gateway, any reviews?

Thank you!

Hello, for information I think that all (if not more) things done by Gateway are easily doable with a little programming (API). All you have to do is program the exports from EPDM and the imports from the ERP (and vice versa) in csv. That's what I did with PDMWorkgroup: export PDF and DWG automatically, link directly attached to the article, import of bills of materials etc. All this in VBA and SQL.

So if you have someone who is proficient in these languages and is willing to spend some time (knowing that setting up a gateway requires an investment of time, money and staff too) you will master the process in more depth.

2 Likes

Thank you .PL,

Indeed, we have a person dedicated to in-house application development.

The purpose of this question is to see if a "turnkey" solution is really an asset for us or not, of course it all depends on the complexity of the ERP and whether or not it is possible to access it.

After that, of course I like to code, so maybe we need a review of the installation and configuration of Gateway... But we did without the advantages of EPDM over Workgroup just with these few macro programs.

An Axemble consultant even said that he had never seen such a thorough integration, even though I didn't spend weeks there either.

1 Like