Call a custom part property

Hello

In a drawing, I try to make a custom property of a room appear in a note.

The note is not attached to this room, the room does not appear in this plan as the main room.

I know how to look for a SW property (like the ground) of this part: "SW-Mass@pièce.SLDPRT"

Is it possible to get a "Rep" property of this room? I tried many combinations of $, @ , "", { }, instead of SW-Mass, but in vain!

Hello

You have to insert the note, then go to the left cologne as you specify for the ground etc...

and select the component and you will have a lot of annotation related to the part ...

My pc is lagging wait for me to send you a screenshot ...

Here is my screenshot sw2018 sp4

@+

2020-06-22_173411.png

It doesn't work:

The note is not attached to this piece, it is a body of text that is not attached to any view in which I would like to retrieve part markers on several views.

The "SW-Mass@pièce.SLDPRT"  syntax allows you to retrieve the mass of "part. SLDPRT"  even if it is not present in the plan. it's just starting it in front of the @ that should be changed

Hello again,

ok so take a screenshot for me so I can better understand what you want... Thank you

@+.

1 Like

Good evening

To link a part property to an annotation in MEP -> right-click on the note -> Edit in a new window

Add $PRPSHEET:"filename" for example

Attached is an example file under SW2017

Cdlt

det00000.zip
3 Likes

Thank you Yannick

$PRPSHEET:"filename"  returns the custom "filename" property of the document used as the drawing reference.

In my case, I'm not looking for the custom property of the document used as a reference. It is the drawing of a large assembly. In a corner, I want to put a note to explain the assembly:

"After lubrication, replace the "Rep@garisseur.SLDPRT" oiler  with the "Rep@bouchon.SLDPRT" plug.

This way, if the marker of the oiler or the cap changes, the text follows.

On the other hand, the syntax "Rep@garisseur.SLDPRT" is not good.  To display the mass, the syntax is "SW-Mass@graisseur.SLDPRT"

The question is: What to replace "SW-Mass" with to get the custom property "Rep"?

Hello

A simple question derived from the subject: in my case,

$PRPSHEET:"No_article" returns the custom property "No_article" of the document used as the drawing reference. Thank you Yannick for your method to link a property of a part to an annotation in a drawing, it works perfectly.

Now, I would like to be able to run a macro that saves my drawing in the directory of my choice in the form "No_article.pdf"

How do I retrieve this "No_article" property in a variable in a macro?

Thank you for your help

Hello

Please indicate the answer that helped you the most, to close  the question.

And to reopen another question.

Yannick

3 Likes