Assembly turned invisible?

Hi all

I have an assembly that has become completely invisible (SW2016 SP2). He doesn't even appear in the cup. The build tree is correct. All the pieces are theoretically visible. If I create a new assembly from it, everything is OK.

I had to check something off without realizing it but I can't find the solution.  Have you ever encountered this problem? If so, how did you solve it?

Thank you all in advance for your help

Kind regards

Sandrine

2 Likes

Hello

After a restart of the workstation, is it the same?

You have to install the 2016 SP3 version that was released last week, which solves a lot of bugs.

If not, we can see if the graphics drivers are up to date here:

http://www.solidworks.fr/sw/support/videocardtesting.html

Otherwise, by clicking on the double arrow to expand:

To view the display controls, click  at the top of the FeatureManager authoring tree to expand the display pane.

Is there nothing in front of the assembly in question?

4 Likes

And if you replace it with another assembly to replace it with the original then does it come back visible?

1 Like

Hello, in solidworks do not open your file in fast mode.
Done open and in the opening options, please choose large design in the modes and look at your configuration.

sans_titremmm.png
2 Likes

It happens to me from time to time with 2011 ... Usually, I close solidworks and restart it and then everything goes back to normal.

A little CTRL + Q can help too

Look in the creation tree of your parts in the assembly if the volume bodies are clearly visible.

If you don't have the "volume bodies" folder, you have to right-click in the tree and choose Show/hide objects in the tree.

Thank you for your help.

So with a restart it doesn't change anything, nor CTRL Q.

I'm installing the SP3 version and I'll keep you posted.

Kind regards

Hello

Did you make a must click in the creation tree on the assembly name to gather? Maybe you clicked on hide...

1 Like

Filtering the contents of the FeatureManager design tree in assemblieslooks at the filter in the graphical view

You can use the Filter  tool at the top of the FeatureManager design tree to filter the objects displayed in the FeatureManager design tree.

You can filter by:

• Component and function name

• Hidden/show status of a component

• The labels you add

You can also specify to match the graphics area to the filter results.

To filter the graphics area:

1. In Filter, enter a keyword to filter objects in the FeatureManager authoring tree.

2. Click the down arrow again and turn Chart View Filter on or off .

• If you turn off Graph View Filter, the graph area does not change when you filter the contents of the FeatureManager Design Tree.

• If you enable Graph View Filter, only components that are still visible in the FeatureManager authoring tree appear in the graphics area.

1. Click  in Filter to turn off the filter.

To filter by hide/show status:

1. In Filter, click the down arrow and select Hidden/Removed Components Filter.

Hidden and deleted components disappear from the FeatureManager authoring tree.

1. Click the down arrow again and turn off Hidden/Deleted Components Filter to make the components reappear.

When hiding components using the Isolate tool , you can map the FeatureManager authoring tree to the graphics area by selecting Filter Hidden/Deleted Components in Filter.

2 Likes