SCALABLE ASSEMBLY

Hello 

As part of the design of a timber frame house, I decided to use Solidworks 2019 to draw my plans and thus have all my flow rates and my material needs in order to go as far as possible in detail. 

I created an assembly called a panel composed of rail, stud, OSB  board, plasterboard and insulation.

I designed this assembly on the basis of sketches which allows me to modify the size of my panels as desired.

Several problems are facing me: 

When I increase the length of my panels, the number of studs and insulation (i.e. all the parts created on repeat) increases in the sketch but not in the part (see assembly).

Second problem, I need to create panels of different length with material removal for windows etc... but  while starting from the base of my first panel without it being modified.

panneau_ossature_bois.rar

Hello 

I believe that you should not merge sketch of a part and assembly.

Normally, to do what you want to do, individual parts are assembled in the assembly. You have to add or remove the number of panels to have the desired lengths 

There are several tools that allow you to do this easily, including configurations or macros and one whose name I can't remember. (I don't have SW on hand :-)  )

I'll let my forum colleagues give you the details of its tools 

Kind regards

2 Likes