Assembly

Hello everyone

I'm in the process of making an assembly with a pulley and round belt but I can't do it, I don't have to do the right thing in terms of part design I guess!

Here is the assembly

ass___br0003.sldasm

Hello

We can't open your assembly file.

Post a Composition to take away so that we have your components.

2 Likes

Hello

Could this little tutorial help you?

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/fonction-courroie

2 Likes

Here is the assembly

ass___br0003.zip

I don't know the pulley function. On the other hand, by putting constraints between the planes and a coaxial between the radial segment of the belt and a cylinder of the pulley I manage to fix the components.

Attached is the file.

It seems to me that SW2015 allows cylindrical parts to be directly contained between them.

I don't remember the name of the constraint but it's a kind of tangential contriant. To be seen.

poulie.zip
1 Like

Hello Libellule944 

I can't open your file because I'm in soldworks 2010

yes you tell me how to do it!

thank you for your answer

Already I fixed the pulley at the origin of the work space => Coincidence between the different planes.

Then:

- coincidence between the belt face plane and the original face plane.

- Display sketch1 of the belt scan function and select the radial sketch segment, to be constrained with a coaxial with respect to a cylinder of your pulley.

- finally you have to align the original right plane with the right plane of the belt (distance between the planes because your pulley origin and your belt origin do not coincide).

So I hope it's clear? I don't have too much time to do screen prints.

Hello

First of all, you have to get used to having completely constrained sketches (see the pulley section).

This sketch, precisely, it would be interesting to position it so that the plane on the right passes through the center of the gorge.

Then, it is simple to:

- make the center of one of the semicircles of the belt coincide with the origin of the pulley

- make the right-hand plane of the belt parallel with the right-hand plane of the pulley,

Where it gets tricky is that normally you will have a second pulley so

- either you make the origin of the second pulley coincide with the top plane of the belt (which will therefore have to be modified so that this plane passes through the axis of the semicircles)

- or (but there is a risk of overstress) make the origin of the second pulley coincide with the center of the second semicircle.

As a personal habit, when I have parts of this kind, I try to place the reference planes where there is no plane face but where a plane reference can be useful later (typical case: part or function symmetry plane).

Thank you for your answers 

I'll try your steps

greetings Denis