Assemblyboard: problem with use

Hello

I wanted to test Assemblyboard under solidworks 2015 with MyCADtools 2015-15-02-1_x64.

First thing the menu is not displayed, only the bars can be activated

Second thing, I can't open and set up Assemblyboard, I still get the same message (see attachment)

capture_1.jpg

Hello

- The message appears when there is another SolidWorks open, when the AssemblyBoard tool is launched, it is the other SolidWorks that the tool is calling and not the one you are on.

- For the issue of the menu not being displayed, this issue appears when updating myCADtools with SolidWorks open. Can you check with the information provided in the KB myCADservices with your subscription.

http://www.lynkoa.com/store/mycadfr/kb/probleme-de-barre-d-outils-mycadtools.html

Kind regards

2 Likes

To check if there are no SolidWorks instances open, one can go to the Windows Task Manager, in the process tab and check "SolidWorks".

So to summarize, you have to reinstall the MyCAD suite when SolidWorks is open (after a restart to be sure).

And open SolidWorks only once (checking as in my first sentence), before launching Assemblyboard.

Re...

For the reinstallation of myCADtools, it is advisable to uninstall the old version before installing a new version (as with SolidWorks!). Hence the importance of saving all my options in directories other than the installation directories.

It is also preferable that SolidWorks is NOT open when updating myCADtools.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Currently we use Solidworks 2014 and myCADtools 2014.

In order to gradually migrate to 2015, I installed a 2015 version of Solidworks (double installation 2014 and 2015).

One of my problems was solved by uninstalling myCADtools 2015, restarting the PC and re-installing myCADtools 2015. Now I can test AssemblyBoard! I suspect that Solidworks 2014 had to be opened when first installing myCADtools 2015.

Everything works except the menu which still doesn't appear... Jmsavoyat, I haven't been able to see your link yet because it is reserved for MyCADtools privileges (which we are). I have sent a message about it and am waiting for their response.

Hello

It seems to me that the AssemblyBoard tool was already present in the last myCADtools2014 set (SW2014 compatible).

I'm making you a copy of the content of the link I put you (but I think you've done part of the solution).

For your pb of myCAD privilege right, I let the service in question answer you.

Kind regards

mycadtools.png
1 Like

Hello

I wasn't talking about the command manager but the menu that doesn't display (see example under the 2014 version)

capture_1.jpg

Indeed, AssemblyBoard is in the latest setup of mycadtools 2014.

I tried to test the utility (which has a real interest and I expected a lot from it), but I'm disappointed, it bugs to bite:

• The icon is not in the toolbar.
  • the utility crashes SolidWorks and to get the utility working again you have to go kill the DataSettings.XML file in C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Axemble\MyCADtools 2014\AssemblyBoard).

It's a real shame!!!

I will contact the Hotline service to report the information.

Good evening

@Raimanu, you should have these 2 toolbars by customizing your environment.

If this is not the case, it is because the installation of myCADtools2014 was not done correctly.

Have you taken the latest version myCADtools2014-15-02-1 of 10/02/2015?

Kind regards

Edit: oops I didn't see that you had downloaded the latest version for 2015. So it should be OK

barre_outils_mycadtools.png

Good evening

@flegendre, it's indeed a nice tool and it's not normal for you to "crash" so much. I hope that the hotline will be able to answer you and send us your files for testing.

Kind regards

Hello

My menu installation problem appears with Solidworks and MyCADtools 2015.

With the 2014 versions, it installs very well.

capture.jpg

I changed versions of solidworks and mycadtools...!!