Associate a document (pdf, word, etc.) with a solidworks file

Hello

I would like to associate a pdf with a 3D solidwork file, a bit like when you right-click and "open the drawing" to simply document the part (trade for example).

Is this possible and how to do it?

Thank you

Hello

Try right-clicking on the part icon in the feature manager > hidden object in the design >workbook tree > Add Attachment.

9 Likes

Available only from SW16, Interesting feature but which may bloat the file.
It's a shame that the "link" version doesn't seem to be managed by SW Explorer while with pack&go (or take-away composition) it works.

2 Likes

Hello

Yes, it bloats the files, so why not copy and paste the PDF link in the comments, it doesn't cost anything.

may the force be with you.

1 Like

Hello

In your 3D you can insert a hypertext link (by the insert menu) that points to your pdf file, this creates a "note" in your SW window. Clicking on this text automatically opens the corresponding file. Be careful, of course, you should not change the position of this pdf file in Windows otherwise the link will be broken.

Kind regards

6 Likes

Thank you all for these solutions.

I like the silver surfer one.

@+

Hello

Without favoritism, I prefer that of Roger :) .. lighter in the finish.

Just a little clarification, if you use this method, by clicking on insertion/ hyperlink, once the link is filled in and validated, in the feature manager, you right-click on "annotation" and uncheck "show annotations"... it avoids having the hypertext link on your piece as well as all your rehearsals ...

And don't forget to validate "your best answer"

Kind regards.

1 Like

Hello world

I'm interested in the Silver Surfer solution, can we then bulk export all the PDFs of an assembly to put them in a folder?