Autocad xref management

Hi all

I work in the methods office in a factory in the automotive sector. To facilitate the sharing of the layout plans of the different sectors of the plant, I set up external references. To date we have a lot of projects in progress, and consequently a lot of xref, with different effective dates. To manage my projects, I have to load or unload the external references related to my project each time. (See photo)

To manage the implementations I would like to create a data table linked to my plan where I could manage the state of my xref (Load or unload). However, I can't get the state parameter from my xrefs to the data table. Is it possible to do this? If so, how? Otherwise, how can I make it easier to manage my plans? 

Thanks in advance 

screenshot_-_09_07_2014__21_55_06.png
Hello, I don't use xref too much, but I think this free software answers the question: use an array to manage them: http://autocadtips.wordpress.com/2014/01/26/xref-load-status-app-review/
3 Likes

Hello

I didn't know this solution, proposed by Lucas, and it seems to answer part of your problem. It will not allow you to manage a linked table (no extraxion possible).

Then, it is a file version problem to manage (project phase, EXE phase, DOE phase). It all depends on how you name and store the different versions of your DWG files?

A+

2 Likes

Thank you for your help.

The first solution seems interesting, but I think it would be simpler to move towards a reorganization of the management of the plant plans at the different project dates. 

The extraction of the xrefs attributes could also allow me to show the project tracking directly on the map.

Thank you 

1 Like