Autocad. MEASUREGEOM

After the MEASUREGEOM command, which allows me to measure an area on autocad, I can't finish the command and get the value of the area.

The software always asks me for an extra point:

Order: _MEASUREGEOM
Enter a [Distance/Radius/Angle/Wing/Volume] <Distance>: _area
Specify the first corner or [Object/Add Area/Subtract Area/Exit] <Object>:
Specify the following point or [Arc/Length/Term]:

Each time I validate the keyboard or press the space bar, I always get the same answer:

Specify the next point or (....)

The file I'm working on allowed me to do that until now. The function stopped working without me knowing why.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @ franck

see this link in theory you should find everything you are looking for 

http://www.lynda.com/AutoCAD-tutorials/Taking-measurements-using-MEASUREGEOM/55765/59500-4.html

@+ ;-)

Hello Franck,

This is normal. when you have specified the last point of the outline, you press the "ENTER" or "SPACE" key to get the result (area and perimeter).

That's all.

Hello

When the need for surface calculation is recurrent, I advise you to model your contours using polylines. It's fast and you get the areas and perimeters without running a command in the properties palette.

The FPOLY command even allows you to automatically create this polyline using an algorithm similar to the one used for crosshatching.

Hello Frank.

With autocad 2013, when you have chosen and clicked on the last point of the area you want to measure, instead of looking for a next point (since there are obviously no more...) you type the heading "t" for  total. That's what autocad offers you in the command line at the bottom of the screen... but your mouse pointer can stay in the drawing area...

Have a nice day....

Otherwise 

You can also do this way:

To calculate the area you are delineating
1 - From the Tools menu , choose the Information option . Then choose Area or write AREA in the command box.
2 - Specify points in the order that defines the perimeter of the area to be calculated. Then press ENTER.
AutoCAD joins the first and last point to delineate an area and expresses it, along with its perimeter, in the units defined by the UNITES command 

To calculate the area of an object
1 - From the Tools menu , choose the Information option . Then choose Area. Or write AIRE in the command box
2 - Type O (uppercase letter in the word "Subject") on the command line.
3 - Click on the object.

AutoCAD displays the area and perimeter of the selected object in the command box.

The AIRE command also allows you to add or subtract areas using A (uppercase letter in the word "Addition") or S (uppercase letter in the word "Subtraction") respectively on the command line after activating the AIRE command 

2 Likes