Design Automation

Hello

For a future project I would like to automate the design of my solidworks parts,

On an excel file I would like to fill in my dim of parts as well as the diam position in X and Y etc

Is it possible to create an Excel file and integrate it into Solidworks?

And above all, how to do it?

Thank you for your answers.

Hello

If your parts are still on the same basis, orient yourself on the part family side with Excel table or via SW table.

Sincerely

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer

Good evening

Can you provide us with a screen print of the parts you want to automate?

Possibility of macro, family of parts....

Cdlt

Hello

I work in the furniture, the pieces are square or rectangular with more or less different parking

The dimensions change depending on the furniture and the holes must be added or removed

I tried the family of rooms but the problem is that I use Smartproperties for my plan codification and have everything on the same room the smart bug a bit.

Look at driveworks 

It's the ideal tool for this type of job

@+

2 Likes

Is it a paid tool?

Driveworks express is free 

Driveworks pro is paid

there's a Max tutorial on Google 

Look at what it looks like

@+

Under solidworks it's possible, but as gt22 driveworks says is more appropriate I think

1 Like

Driveworks looks very good but I think the setup is likely to be quite heavy.

The simplest is actually the Excel part family which allows you to control just about anything you want in Solidworks.

The equations also allow you to control certain things (like calculating the number of holes to be made or their spacing)

If you have problems with plan codification, you can use library functions (controlled by excel) that you will insert in your parts: you keep the flexibility of control and the rigor of the codification.

The bookcase functions are surely also a solution to dig into your profession (allows you to do all the drilling / machining of a type of hinge in 1 click for example).

Visiativ has made special wood/furniture bookcase functions freely available if you have a Mycad subscription. You should take a look at it.