Automating the installation of connectors and bolts in simulation

Hello

Is there a way to automate the installation of bolt-type connectors for a simulation (~30) without using "Toolbox screws to bolts" because I don't have a professional simulation license.

Thank you.

Hello

It's probably doable by VBA macro, but you need to know a little about it.

You can already record a macro when you do the manipulation, and watch and/or post the code here.

To save and view the code of a macro, see here:

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_recording_playing_macros.htm

Hello 

To install several bolts quickly, I use the Copy with constraint function, it works pretty  well.

Kind regards.

In fact, there is an advanced "bolt series" option that probably meets your needs:

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/french/SolidWorks/cworks/r_connector_bolt.htm

Advanced option> 

Bolt Series >

Select this option to bolt together more than two components. For nonlinear studies, you can bolt more than two volume components.

Select the cylindrical faces of solid bodies or circular edges of shell surfaces of middle components. For nonlinear studies, select a cylindrical face of a volume field.

Personally, I have never managed to use the "bolt series" option.

The least worst I found was to copy the connector, paste it and then re-edit it to change the edges. This already allows you not to have to re-enter everything (be careful often the values of the diameters change following the editing of the edges)

@.PL

• I had tried the VBA, but when I try to record the creation of a bolt connector, the recorder stops and resumes when I exit the function. Then under the VBA editor, the code of this period is not present.
  • Series of bolts is apparently only usable to take a part between two others (probably a translation defect ;-) )

WAN @OBI

• The " Glue with constraint " function can only be used for components. In this case, it is simulation connectors and it is not usable for simulation.

@froussel

• I never managed to copy the connectors.

By copying from the tree and pasting it into the 3D doesn't work?

All you have to do is select the bolt in the simulation shaft and do a right-click-> paste and then another ->paste (you can also paste a mesh between 2 simulations or a loading case...)

1 Like

I just realized that to make it glue you absolutely have to do it in

• selecting the root of the conector tree
  • Right-> button--"paste".

This is the only place where the "stick" works .

Thanks to froussel