Have the same basemap on multiple sheets in a drawing

Hello

I made different drawing templates with a custom background plan (borders, cartridge block) according to the desired format. So far, no worries when I want to create a new drawing, I have access to my models.

During some drawings, I make several sheets. (e.g., multi-body sheet metal parts). The problem is that when I add a sheet to the drawing, it's white. It has no substance.

I see everywhere answers to make different backgrounds depending on the sheets but in my case I would like the same. I tested anyway by checking the option and when I go to stay the model corresponds I don't see it in my file.

For the moment, with each new sheet added, I redo a background plan manually (adding borders and inserting a title block), which is not very long but avoiding the repetition of redundant operations would be better. Is there a way to keep the basemap and that it automatically sincerifies when I add a sheet?

I'm on Solidworks 2020.

Hello
When you created your drawing templates (drwdot), you had to save a basemap (slddrt) for each of those templates.
So when you add a new sheet, you just have to load one of your basemaps and you're done.
If you haven't created the basemaps, start from one of your templates and go to "File" / "Save basemap".
Repeat this for each format.
Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello jmsavoyat,

Problem solved.

Indeed, I didn't differentiate between drawing templates and background templates.

Thank you.

1 Like