Batch converter - export STEP - configuration filter

Hello

We make parts and assemblies with different configurations.

A file can have several configurations but also, for each, derived configurations.

When bulk exporting STEP files with Batch Converter,

• Is it possible to export only 1st level configurations? (the derived configs being here second-level)?

This would save time during the processing and generation of multiple files. If the function does not exist, it is sorely lacking.

Thank you in advance for your insights.

Kind regards

Didier

Hello

It is a request for improvement that you are expressing here. Outside the forum is not the right place. :-) I advise you to either:

- Contact the hotline service

- Upload your request by clicking on the "Exclamation Point" located at the top right of the "BatchConverter" tool window, then click on the "Move up a request" button. The same applies to reporting abnormal behavior of myCADtools tools.

This second solution is the best because you will be notified of the consideration and moreover you can be notified when correcting and updating.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello

Impossible if I'm not mistaken, to do it with Batch Converter.

On the other hand, it should be possible in Integration since in the conditions, in configuration you can choose All levels, 1st levels, or sub-levels only.

FYI, if you don't know Integration, Integration is much more powerful and allows  you to apply rules in batches (export, modification of properties, modification of materials, colors...) according to conditions.

2 Likes

Hello

@ jmsavoyat:

I am not asking for an improvement a priori; My first question is if it's just possible.

@ sbadenis

Thank you for this information. No, I didn't know about "integration". I'm going to find it and try it out.