Library in Welded Construction - SOLIDWORKS

Hello

Since SW2013, n can create library elements for the Welded Construction module.

I created a bent tab with the automatic material removal function on the profiles which works very well.

I would like to know if it is possible in this same library file to include in addition to the screws (complete bolts in each hole for example).

After a few attempts, I still haven't found the trick in welded construction, the screws should become bodies.

Who knows how to do it?

Thank you

Hello

sorry I can't help you, but I'd be curious to see how you did the automatic material removal?

Do you think you can share your piece?

Hi Alain, I think this is the normal behavior: it's a part in its own right and by inserting it into a mechanical weld, it becomes a body.

@mattieu.chaulet: It's like all the classic library functions; We slip into the library the functions we want to keep on a definition model.

@PL: What I currently have is a fastener that positions itself and makes holes automatically. I would just like to include in the library file all the screws at once; as one would do in an assembly with smart component.

Indeed I didn't read the last sentence:

"The screws must become bodies"

"Screws becoming bodies"

and via the intelligent components it doesn't work?

See this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddYn0gJP48A

@+ ;-)

No @gt22, putting a smart part directly into a welded construction brings nothing but a body without the screws.

Hello Alain,

For my part, I think it's possible but that your screw will be a function and not a piece from your library. 

Basically, you should register the functions to get a screw as a library function and not the import of a screw as a part.

I don't know if it's understandable...

1 Like

@Aurélien Fives: yes it's the only solution that works for the moment; The screws must be redesigned directly in the model. You can't insert it as a derivative part and then make a library file.

It was a bit laborious to redesign all the screws for complex fasteners, but it works.

To be seen in the next versions of SW.

1 Like

Thank you Alain,

I am currently in the same prolematics as you, I have to develop working methodologies for our design office with welded construction.... So your question fell tip top!

1 Like