Special bosses on SW

Hello everyone,
New to the field, I design my bike frame and try to do it right

I regularly consult this forum and some tutorials on the internet but here I am blocked.

Problem1:
My tubes don't have a linear section along their entire length
So I draw the profile in the length of the tube and I make a boss/base with revolution and I put the central axis of the tube as the base axis: everything is fine
Now that I have these tubes in good profile, I'd like to bend some of them. And that's where it gets complicated
I would like to keep my "complex" tube profile and add a radius to it, it seems silly but I would like to keep the operations in this order as much as possible
I attach the file
the tube in question is the "ST" boss and the guide curve is in sketch 11
NB: In this sketch 11, I have an arc and a straight line that are joined by one side, how do I merge them and have only one element? I tried to remove the junction point but I get an error. 

Geometry without bending:

upload_2016-10-19_23-10-31.png

Bending curve in blue:

upload_2016-10-19_23-13-19.png

Problem2:

Ideally I draw the raw tube i.e. as it is when I bought it and then I apply various extrusions etc.

Here, how to proceed to keep only the top tube (TT - Top Tube), the top tube (DT - down tube) and the fork tube (HT - head tube) by removing the intersections and the superfluous. The question seems vague but with the screenshots you realize it right away: the whole part at the top right

PS: the file is from SW2016
Thank you for your help and have a good day

geometry.sldprt

by applying a deformation on a curve.

or else sweep your tube along your curve rather than deform it.

2 Likes

yes for this kind of piece 

goes through neutral fiber sketches

and sweeping or smoothing

you will save time and understanding

As our friends @ opiep27 say

@+

Hello

So the simplest, problem 2, just don't merge your bodies, for that re-edit your function and uncheck merge.

Problem 1: you have to build not in revolution but in sweep with several sections see attached file.

@+

geometry.sldprt
2 Likes

Thank you all for your quick answers.

I'll take a look when I get home tonight