Bug in the Feature Manager Creation Tree?

Hello
I updated the 2024 version from SP3.1 to Sp4 and I'm experiencing a bug? in the Creation Tree.
The positioning sketches of the drilling functions are no longer absorbed into the function and this in a random way (sometimes yes, sometimes no ??!!) for no logical reason.
When I edit the function, the sketch is absorbed but if I re-open the file, it comes out again.
It's quite annoying because these sketches are apparent in the assembly file and I have to hide them manually.
Maybe someone has already had this problem?

Thanks in advance

Hello
It happened to me at the beginning of the week...
But since I had just made a lot of big changes to previous functions, I put it down to a general recalculation bug!
In the final, it was too much of a mess, I removed my piercing functions to recalibrate everything.
I'm going to watch a little more closely...
There are at least 2 of us!
Have a nice day.

1 Like

Can't wait for SP4.1...
How can we still end up with such bugs in SP4?

4 Likes

Hello,

Especially since in a little more than 12 years of practice, this one I had never seen her!
It just goes to show that we learn something new every day...
:joy:

3 Likes

This is where they are strong, they still manage to innovate in this area! :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

I think we should ask for the creation of a " SW Bugs" category on the forum.
Why haven't we already done it? In my opinion, it's the one that would work best!

With this visibility, and luck, they could trace back to Dassault more easily than via reports or tickets that will never be taken into consideration...

Because the world and all its content is getting more and more sh*t :wink:
The only thing that is progressing is mediocrity :pensive:

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Right there it's really weird.
On the MEP, the sketch is " out ":
While in the room:

And I had sketches in the week that came out of the function in the construction tree of the part.
Like that, without warning, and then I run away... :joy:

Good evening to all, I too am running away ... :man_running:

1 Like

Hello

What happens if you save the document (a copy) in this abnormal state, and then reload that doc? Is the tree reorganized or still abnormal?

It doesn't change anything.
If I create a new drilling function or edit an old drilling function, the bug appears randomly when the part is in an assembly. (as if it was changing at that time)
I can't understand why because they are sometimes almost identical pieces.

I even saw a room with several drilling functions where all the sketches were at the end of the shaft (you can certainly rearrange them by hand by placing them just before or after the functions), but when you edit the sketches, some previous functions are deactivated!!
Another strange little detail: the drill-driven repeats that used to be called " derived drill repeat" are sometimes called " derived linear repeat" 
repet 1
repet 2

1 Like

Hello

Well, it doesn't change anything...
Surprisingly, last night only the MEP had a tree with the bug and not the part, this morning I opened the room to do the proposed test and presto, the sketch is out and visible!

It's still strange, but for the moment it doesn't block me...
I don't have a function that changes its name or sketches that fall to the bottom of the tree (we are in autumn, perhaps a line of research... :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes