Photoview 360 bug

Good evening

Recently, photoview 360 on solidworks 2017 launches and the window closes immediately. It used to work and since yesterday I can't throw it anymore. However I have the apple application "hello" up to date and reinstall solidworks but still nothing. Has anyone ever had this problem?.

Thanks in advance

See this post! http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/mise-en-plan/probl%C3%A8me-avec-photoview-360

Cdt 

G.650s it already has the "hello" software installed. Strange..

max59, I put this link because yes the proposed solution is already effective but there are other leads like the one that says that it is when installing Solid that you have to install Photoview and not add it after (it's only a tip...)

Cdt

Hi all

Thank you for your answers but even with what I've read it's not right. I installed Photoview during the installation, updated hello and even reinstalled just in case. but still nothing, just the preview window that launches and closes directly.

If you have any other leads, don't hesitate!!

thank you in advance

Hello

Which Windows?

Was there a Windows update just before the bug appeared?

When reinstalling Solidworks, did you do a "cleaning" of the PC or a simple uninstallation followed by a reinstallation?

Kind regards

Hello

Yes, there are Windows updates but I don't render every day, I realized overnight that it didn't work anymore. I have a laptop on which windows updates have been installed as well but photoview360 works.

I just did a complete uninstall of solidworks and reinstall completely behind.

sorry I'm on Windows 10

Hello

After uninstalling Solidworks it is preferable to do a minimum of cleaning of the PC before re-installation to avoid leaving traces that could disturb the operation, such as an installation folder 'C:\Program Files\SolidWorks(2)' instead of 'C:\Program Files\SolidWorks' and other traces in the registry...

On Windows 10 you also need to activate the .Net Framework 3.5 feature so to check:

A little check also to do on the graphics card driver...

Kind regards

1 Like

Cleaning installation ok

Net framework ok

Up-to-date nvidia card

I despair

To try: https://forum.solidworks.com/message/362773#362773#362773

The C:\Users\**User**\AppData\Roaming\Luxology folder is created the first time photoview is launched but is not emptied in my opinion when uninstalling SW so if a corrupted file has slipped into it ....

2 Likes

also try !! it doesn't work!!

and trying to see where the add-in log file is, maybe there will be a way to solve the problem?

1 Like

Well I have no idea, sorry !!!!!

I've tried everything, I don't know where to look, in any case, thank you d.roger for offering me solutions.  I'm always open to it if anyone has an idea. 

Hello

I found this: https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/208728, the first answer talks about running SW in administrator mode and the last sentence is interesting too " The latest version of Bonjour is sometime not the best!  Do you have iTunes installed?  It also installs and uses Bonjour "

Which Solidworks 2017 service pack do you have?

To be seen!!!!

Kind regards

Well, in the worst case there is always THE solution...

A system restore either to an earlier date, or in the worst case a total system restore... if there really is  no choice, at least it removes all the "" that may have gone right and left in the PC.

Regards and good luck

G.650s

Hello

I use solidworks 2017 SP4.0. I also tried with different versions of hello, itunes... I had thought about restoring but restoring is not enabled on my windows. 

The problem is that it was working a week ago and overnight nothing. When I manage to get the photoview360 window, the room doesn't appear, it's empty. Visualize works perfectly... bizaaarrrreee

Hello

First of all, install SP4.1 or SP5.0 because SP4.0 is known to have problems, it is normally no longer downloadable I think. If that doesn't work, THE G. 650s solution will surely be the one to consider!!

Kind regards

Do you have another computer in the same configuration?? to find out if the computer or the software is at fault???

Thank you