Bust of a Woman - Surface Mesh

Hi all

It's been a while since I've been on the site...
I have a problem with a solidworks file.
This file is a bust of a woman and in the tree there is an STL graph.
I want to transform this file into a solid body so that I can then cut slices and work them with a CNC.
The problem is that this file must have "mesh gaps" in some places and therefore impossible to rework it with my small skills.
This file is 32 MB and I can share it.
Maybe someone has an idea to solve my problem.

In the meantime, I wish you a pleasant day

Jeanartemis

Hello
Can't you do a simple removal of material (with a sketch of "slats") on the side of your bust (original solidwork) to make slices?

You make a rectangle of the thickness of the blade, higher than the model, then a repetition on the sketch spaced out of the desired slice thickness (minus the thickness of the blade) to cover the entire model.
Then a material removal will cut the model into slices, generating separate bodies.

Hello
Try this procedure
Open → File Type → choose the mesh files type (stl...) this allows you to see the options → Options → check like me → then look for the stl file and finally open.
If the stl has no errror it will open correctly. If stl too detailed you have to have ram and be patient.

it's solid

2 Likes

Hello, thank you for answering me.
I've tried this method before but the problem is that solidworks doesn't see my bust.
He tells me that he can't remove matter if there is no matter at the base...

Hello
Yes, that's what I want to do basically but my bust is "transparent in the eyes of solidworks.
Maybe he doesn't like women... Laughing out loud
I had already asked this question some time ago.
I think my file is not clean and there are holes in the mesh.
I'm going to download another one, paying for this one...
I'm going to close the topic because the problem is probably due to my incorrect file at the base.
Thank you to the 2 of you for answering me.
I wish you a pleasant end of Sunday

Jeanartemis

I can help you out with a repair by Blender if it's not confidential.

1 Like