CacheRefresh (myPDMtools utility)

Hello

Who uses the "CacheRefresh" utility?

(utility included in the myPDMtools suite : allows you to flush the local cache and automatically get some files to the latest version).

• Where do you store the result of the configuration (a series of *.dll, a .*exe file and a *.xml file?
  • I would store it in the EPDM, so that the users of the 2 sites can have access to it, when do you think?

• Why do you need to identify workstations in the settings?

For now the result of the configuration whose file "CacheRefresh.exe" is in a directory of our network, then I put a shortcut on the executable's desktop and I launch it instead of "empty the local cache" from the EPDM.

2 Likes

Hello

The configuration of the CacheRefresh tool is located in PDM, but the tool is launched from the exe file that is exported in the configuration. It is the exe file that will do the processing and it can be executed by a Windows task.

Setting the location of the tool allows you to install (extract) the files to be able to launch the executable. Once extracted, there is no link to the tool options. So you can put them in ePDM if you want. On the other hand, all the files must be local when you launch the tool.

Identifying workstations allows for different processes to be performed for different machines. But you don't have to identify the workstations, the "*" character allows you to process all the machines regardless of their name. Attached is the documentation

Philippe

mypdmtools_2013_fr.chm
5 Likes

So if I understand correctly, once the configuration is done from the EPDM admin, I have to copy all the files (*.dll,*.exe,*.xml) locally on each of the workstations?

If I make a change on the settings, I will again be forced to copy all the files on each computer?

No

The files just allow you to launch the tool.

The tool options are saved in the ePDM vault. Once set up, all users in the vault will have the same options. This is why there is a notion of machine name, if we want to differentiate actions according to certain machines

5 Likes