Calculation of a press for a 5mm stainless steel sheet

Hello everyone, 

I am looking to make a press for a 5mm stainless steel sheet, the inner radii are medium and large sizes. ( R int 445mm Top and bottom part / R Int 6192mm right part and R Int 14730mm for the left part )

Knowing that these parts will be made in rolling, I would like to know what the order of the K factor is for example or if anyone would have an idea (I have always used a K factor of 0.5) did it just leave you for large radii?   

You will find the assembly I want to make in the attachments. 

Looking forward to reading you. 

Jerome.

face_assembly.igs
1 Like

It's quite an empirical thing. It depends a lot on your machines.

For example, for a sheet of 6 we put a K factor of 0.235 and for a sheet of 2 a K factor of 0.4

If it's done internally, they don't have a table to give you? And if it's done externally, they should be able to provide you with this information?

5 Likes

Subject already covered here:

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/perte-au-plie-table-de-pliage

=)

3 Likes

[Answer unrelated to the question] 

Just for the record, I used this site during my studies in boilermaking: http://tspeed.free.fr/formpliage.htm

I don't really know if they're talking about the K factor but just in case.... :)

Original boilermaker I use a K factor of 0.5 for thicknesses ≤ 3mm and a K factor of 0.5 for thickness > to 3mm you can.

After the settings of @coin37coin must give a result very close to mine (1 or 2 mm on a developed does not give a big difference on the finished coin.

3 Likes

+1 Sbadenis

Especially since normally, it also depends on the direction of cutting of the sheet metal, the heat, etc etc. Too many factors to have a real factor that works.

4 Likes

+1 @coin37coin

Many factors that make the develloper can be different but with the values given previously I have never had any problems the part is good (within the acceptable tolerance +/-1mm  about for parts with a diameter of 1000 and less for small parts)

2 Likes

@jeromejesson: So, suddenly, suddenly? What do you think of the community's responses?

1 Like