Catia import a template part into a part

Hello

Let me explain my problem, I work with a template part that I import into other parts to model them. For the moment I was using the optimized copy to do this.

But I realized that if there is an error or a parameter needs to be changed on my template, I have to go back to the template imported from all my child parts.

A solution exists so that when my template is modified in my parent file it is also updated in my other parts?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello

Copy/Paste/as a result with link.

First of all, check the CATIA options.

Copy the body (template) then into the new CATPart Special Collage / as a result with link.

After placing the body either with the compass or by constraints.

Thank you franck.ceroux.

I answered a little quickly. it works when a body in CATpart1 I copy it in the same CATpart1. however I have problems when I want to copy the body of the CATpart2 into the CATpart1.

Using as a result with link: I have the error pasting is forbidden/ impossible to create an external reference on an unpublished element.

It works as a result but I don't know the link with the document.

I solved my other problem.

I select my body that I want to copy, then I go to the tools->publish menu and then I can go to the new CATpart to do the special paste/as a result with link.

Thank you franck.ceroux, who allowed me to find the solution

Glad I helped you.

The message you got came that you should have the option "restrict external selection with link to published items". Selected

In my previous screenshot, this is the fifth line.

In itself it's a good thing to check this option, it avoids creating links on everything and anything, it also makes it very easy to reconnect, constraint, replace shape.

You just have to think about publishing the element you want to copy (give it an explicit public name) before copying what you did next under Tools / Publishing.