Catia v5 - transfer a 3d dimension to a drawing (drawing)

Hello

I use Catia V5 R21.

I have to make drawings of 3D files already showing the dimension in the form of an annotation. .

I think it was made with the "3D Functional Tolerancing and Annotations" module.

In your opinion, is it possible to retrieve these annotations on the 3D so that when I generate a drawing, the dimensions appear and I don't have to repeat a job that has already been done?

Thank you in advance for your help

Joan

1 Like
Hello, you need to use the automatic dimension generation command. See this link:

http://catiatutorial.free.fr/cotation2.html

See this link

http://www.iutalencon.unicaen.fr/enseignants/sfournier/Intranet/Initiation%2520Catia/3%2520MISE%2520en%2520plan%2520sous%2520CATIA%2520V5.pdf

The links are active for the dimensions between cat part and sieve in plan 

Everything is said in this link 

@+;-))

Do you have a screenshot for Savor some type of side

Thank you

@+ ;-))

Hello, I am not aware of being able to retrieve the "Dimensions" (3D annotations created in FTA) in a CATDrawing, we use the module for that:

2D Layout for 3D Design

Late answer I enjoyed the snow (no cell phone or computer) just the skis

Edit:

I don't have this module only FTA so the image comes from DS document

Hello

Thank you for your answers.

Automatic dimensioning does not retrieve these annotations.

HERE's an example.

I would like to retrieve the quote made via the FTA module and transfer it directly to my drawing.

I don't know the recommended module: "2D Layout for 3D Design",

I'm looking for tutorials on the net to see if useful.

Thank you in advance for your feedback on the subject

Hi @ Joan roussel

via the framed tool it is specified that you can recover dimensions of the 3 D but they are not all recoverable ;-(

See this tutorial among others

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/presentation-rapide-des-outils-de-manipulation-catia-v5

you will find a lot of explanation

including the transfer of dimensions from the 3D to the plan

Have a nice day

@+ ;-))

Hello

gt22 the automatic generation command retrieves sketch constraints, extrusion values, pocket values etc., but not the 3D dimensioning made from the FTA module.

The FTA module is made to directly dimension the 3D and the Dimension (PMI) can be saved in the Step file, or the viewers (3dxml, etc).

The limitation of this dimension is that unlike a plan where each view created carries a defined dimension. Reading a 3D model with an FTA dimension does not guarantee that the end user will have found all your dimensions (hidden for example at the bottom of a well)

To do this, there are additional modules to create a 3D review (a kind of sequence of plates (views))  and 2D Layout for 3D Design to record the points of view as if it were a 2D plan

Hello

You can retrieve the FTA dimension in a CatDrawing even without the module

2D Layout for 3D Design

We use the 3D view icon and then we select the FTA view on the 3D

On the other hand, I didn't manage to recover the views (section).

The recovered view does not cut the solid (you can always add the dotted lines)

For the front, side, etc views no PB (the views are associative, the dimension as well)

Edit:

A Trick to Retrieve FTA Views (section)

We create the view from the 3D, we create the section in the CatDrawing, then copy and paste the FTA dimension into the 2D section