cConstrain parts from a sketch

Hello

Solidworks 2014

I have created several circles and points on a sketch and I would like to constrain in an assembly of other parts in relation to the circles and points of this sketch.  Currently I can't choose the objects of the sketch while I can choose the neutral fiber of the cylindrical part to constrain.

Is there a solution to achieve this function?

Thank you

SLTS

I think you should try to create the sketch with your circles and point in the assembly, that should work.

1 Like

Weird, it works for me but only for sketches created IN THE ASSEMBLY and not in the parts.

See attached file.

sans_titre.png

Hello

One can effectively constrain in Coaxiality a Cylinder of one piece and a circle in a sketch of another part.

Of course, you have to have shown the sketch where the circles are...

What type of constraints do you want to use?

2 Likes

There is the schematic representation in assembly 

It allows you to create these parts directly via a sketch 

You always have the link with this sketch, it's also a way of conceiving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jL3Mp9ELh4

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Hello

As you @benoit said, it is quite possible in an assembly to select a sketch entity included in a part in order to constrain it with an entity (face, edge, sketch...) of another part. Your sketch of the part must be visible.

Kind regards

contraintes_sw2014.png
2 Likes

Hello

Make sure you can add external references at any rate:

Tools/Option/External references.

Yes, but I can only do this if the sketch was created in the assembly and not on in the part.

@d.descamps: It works well if you create a part with just a sketch and insert it into an assembly.

Same as @flegendre.

But you're on SolidWorks 2014 and more 2013... A SW regression on this subject? Others have tested it on SW2014?

If not, is a screen print possible?