PDF Form Field in Solidworks Drawing

Hello

I'm looking to create a fillable field in adobe in a solidworks drawing.

To be able to insert my part into the model, save as a 2D pdf and modify the pdf thanks to this field.

The information I find on the internet tells me to select a box next to the properties but I don't see.

Could you help me?

1 Like

Hello

Do you have an image to share?

Cdlt

1 Like

Or a more concrete explanation what kind of field do you want to fill in in the pdf? And why in the pdf and not before?

2 Likes

Yes:

I am looking to obtain a model of parts in pdf on which I can change the "quantity" field, to place orders directly on the pdf. Without having to go back to Solidworks for each order.

The field would be empty when saving as a pdf and would be editable as on a pdf form.

I don't know if I'm completely clear. But I just want to know if it is possible to insert a field that can be modified after saving in pdf (like for a form)

I found this, http://help.solidworks.com/2020/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_insert_fillin_area.htm?format=P&value=

but I don't understand how to get the pdf field (the 3D = not important to me)

Kind regards

The proposed link is a form for a 3D pdf, I don't think you can create a form in a pdf from a Solidworks MEP, without going through a pdf editor and recreating a field in the desired location.

3 Likes

One solution would be to create a word file by inserting the outline image and the field.
After that, I don't know how to have a fillable field in the pdf from Word...

Thank you anyway

I'll keep looking, I thought it would be easier than that but I'll see about other solutions.

Good luck

Hello 

I'm interested in your subject, have you found a solution?

Sincerely,

1 Like