Automatically change parts in the assembly

Hello 

I would have liked to know if it was possible to change parts in an assembly via the part family, with a hide/show function.

I am attaching my assembly. 

Basically, I would like to be able to switch between the conical inlet and outlet mouths to display square mouths instead, depending on what the user needs.

I'm working on Sw 2018

dimensionnement_de_la_vis.zip

Oops, I forgot to put the square mouth in the folder, so I'll put it here.

bouche_carre.sldprt

Yes, it is possible to delete, or hide a room in a family of rooms.

The easiest way to make a part is to make the different configurations you want manually, then to create your family of parts automatically, and then you will see how solidworks works does to remove or hide a part.

Be careful, hidden a part is often not the best method since your part will appear in nomenclature, it is better to put it in the deleted state.

To complete there are plenty of tutorials available on the net, here is an example:

http://c.herblot.free.fr/didactiel/solidew/famille_pices.pdf

1 Like

Thank you for your answer, 

My assembly is done in such a way that the user can use it to configure the dimensions of the screw according to his needs, and then use it to have a preview of the screw installed on his system, so I don't need a bill of materials.

I would like to make sure that if you choose to use a square mouth, as an input for example, the cylindrical entrance mouth disappears and that these dimensions are "disabled" so as not to create an error. 

Do you have a link that explains how to hide the parts? 

Before the link I explain how to make a family of parts with 2 different configurations.

You create an assembly in this assembly, you create 2 configs, one with a hidden part, the other without a hidden part and then you create your part family automatically, then you look at what solidworks you have put in the part family to hide or display the part.

This is valid for a deletion or even a change in the configuration of a part. The method remains the same

yes I saw, I found how to hide/show and change the parts to delete/solve.

Thank you, you helped me a lot!

I have one last little question, to define the position of my square mouths on my screw I am forced to use a plane that I constrain with respect to a face at the end of my screw then I put an offset, do you know how I can influence this offset in the part family? I tried to put a shift constraint in + but it becomes over-constrained (yes, it was obvious) ^^

The constraint must be configured according to the configuration. Same principle as for the rest you put a default value and in a configuration you change the value. When creating the table you will have an extra column with the value of the constraint.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello 

I didn't quite understand what you tried to explain to me.

I create my config 1 with my part hide then when I hide my part and I create my config 2 my part goes to hide in config 1 too.

Clearly, I don't understand how to do it^^