Search path

Hello

I would like to use the Solidworks search but on 2020, it doesn't work.

I can fill in the options/file space/ but it doesn't change anything, my folder is on a network (is that why?) it is well taken into account in the options when I validate but if I close the options window, and go back to it, it has disappeared ...

I have seen a related subject, but it does not make me any progress...  https://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/parametrer-l-outil-de-recherche-solidworks

Anyone have an idea?

Cdt.

1 Like

I just did a new test; and I got this by validating :/

capture.png

I just wanted to point out, that in the file locations, I have other stuffed that links to a path on the network, such as the basemaps, so that 's not the problem in my eyes...

Up

FYI, I installed the 2020 SP2 last night and I'm still having the same problem...

Is anyone having this problem?

Hello, I just discovered by looking at your screenshot that a path could be called

Z:\1.9 DESIGN OFFICE/3

I was left with the fact that the folder names could not contain any dots which are considered by Windows as separators (example:  toto.xls)

So  ??? either I have to stop smoking carpet or I update my knowledge with  points  (and one point is all that and if it's all of this includes the rest)

Kind regards

Personally, we used this search path for a few months on version 2016 or close and it caused many slowdowns or even crashes. So we had deleted and rather than moving the pieces we adopted a new method.

Thank you for your answers. I thought it would save me time by searching directly in this bar rather than having to open and search for the desired file by the normal method...

@Zozo_mp: in fact my screen shows the path I am trying to record. This path, however, with the 1.9 works very well in file locations for document templates, bill of materials etc, everything else in fact... When I want to apply it to the "search path", it registers it (like on my screen), I validate, asking myself in passing for an elevation I think despite being in admin, and it then closes the options window, but by going back, the path is deleted and all the original folders (c:\ solidworks data\ etc) are put back, even if I delete them all.... as if for this, he was restoring the origin...

@sbadenis, what new method do you use?

Cdt.