Choices greyed out when installing Solidworks

Hello, I have a problem with the solidworks installation manager.

I had the latest student version installed on my PC. We just acquired Solidworks through my company.

So I uninstalled Solidworks to install the normal version. Except that I'm having problems with the installation manager.

Indeed when customizing the installation, all the boxes are grayed out, I can't select any of them and therefore it only offers me an update (of about twenty Mega) and not the installation itself while I no longer have Solidworks on my PC.

FYI, the software launches correctly, checking licenses etc...  But I can't access any choice, the different buttons present in the application are inaccessible. Have you ever encountered this type of problem, if so, how can you fix it?

Thank you in advance.

Hello

Verify that everything is uninstalled. I think there were still some things in the register. Try using a CCleaner type registry cleaner or if you know it, clean the registry gently.

Keep us informed.

1 Like

Yes, ccleaner and you can also manually delete all folders called Solidworks

In programs, in program files, in program data etc....

1 Like

When you uninstall solidworks there is an option that says it will be everything, even the toolbox.

If the option is not checked, it keeps in memory the properties of the install so serial number and preference.

So CCleaner didn't solve anything FYI.

Indeed there was a hell of a solidworks database in the registry. I searched for each database containing the words (solidworks) and (sldworks) and deleted them manually. It took me a good twenty minutes but the result is there.

I was able to install Solidworks normally as if it had never existed on my PC. However an error occurred at 86% during the installation of the "solidworks plastics" part which unfortunately could not succeed at first, I restarted the module to repair the error and it succeeded on the second attempt.

Thank you for your help.