Filling a surface volume (blade) for finite element calculation?

Hi all

I'm looking to do finite element calculations on a blade drawn in surface (not by me).

I place my efforts and my movements so far no problem, and when I want to run the simulation the following error message appears:

"The thickness of a hull or more is not defined."

So I think the problem comes from the blade which is in surface and I would like to fill this volume. After searching on google, forums or other I can't find a solution or I don't have the right method.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Have a nice day.

Quentin

Hello

Why not stay in surface and therefore enter the thickness of the hull in the simulation as the message indicates?

@+

2 Likes

he asks you to thicken the surfaces

so you have to have neutral surfaces without thickness

So take the thicken tool in surface

as our friend Coyote says  

@+

1 Like

what version of SW are you in to post your file

@+

Thank you for your answers.

I'm on SLDW 2013 sp3.

Unfortunately, I can't distribute the files because they are professional files and what's more, they are "under secret".

I will try the method you have advised me. :)

Hello

qd you are in simulation you can fill in the thickness of your surface by "right clicking" on your part and going to "define shells ... " (see attached image).

Have a nice day.

capture.jpg
2 Likes

If the PAL is not designed by you and in volume I guess it's an import ... Have you done an import diagnosis on the component and "try to repair everything" to see if this manip would not be enough to put it back in volume?

Thank you Npouget, I entered my hull thickness and I was able to finish my study.

Thank you for your quick answers.

Have a nice day

Quentin

1 Like