How to display the size dialog

How do I display the Size/Basemap dialog on a new drawing in Solid Works 2016?

I come directly to a background plan that I have already created but I have no choice when I click on new...

Hello

In the General options, check for drawing "Show the Basemap dialog box when adding a new sheet"

1 Like

Hello, (bleeding from the buttocks), I'm looking for... (one of my arms just fell off) 

Do you know where I can look? 

Thank you. (just had a stroke) 

We're going to end up getting a message like <Look> There's one who will give it to us xd. 

It's not mean, it's just that it's the only thing your message made me want to write...  

2 Likes

Hello

G. Sloubi 1, I see that Yves.T's answer on another post has been emulated.... but it is still as topical, normally the applicant self-validates himself afterwards....

Kind regards

2 Likes

even by ticking it doesn't change anything

capture.jpg

Probably misinterpretation on my part, this only works for adding sheets in a drawing.

If you want to display another basemap, you need to create a doc template for each size. The interface is not available to select a basemap when opening a drawing document template.

One of my colleagues who has the same version of solidworks, has this dialog box when opening a new plan, but I can't see the difference between the settings of our 2 computers.

Do you want one of the default ones, or start from scratch??? Otherwise, just put the basic path back to find the default templates, modify them and then save them with the ones you have already modified.

By restoring your SolidWorks settings from those of your colleague, what does it look like?

I redirected the file location of the document templates and I have my window open again...

so it's ok for me

Thank you

Bingo D.Roger was right... Long live the best answer!!! ....  

4 Likes

For the motivated, there is another question: http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/solidworks/comment-indiquer-les-surfaces-des-pi%C3%A8ces-ou-corps-en-automatique-sur-la-mise-en-pla

3 Likes

Hey guys, they're getting classier and the best answers. We have to ask Clementine to make us a medley of the best, weirdest and most atypical answers... I think we'd have a good time...

4 Likes