How do I add a DESIGNATION column in solidworks explorer?

Hi all

could someone tell me if it is possible to add a column in SW explorer?

Let me explain: when I want to make a composition to take away, I arrive on the board as an attachment. In this case it's only a small assembly, but when I have large assemblies I wouldn't know what each part corresponds to. That's why I would like to add a "DESIGNATION" column that would use the wording of the smart properties of the room.

Any idea?

Thank you

a.png
Hello, this is not possible to my knowledge. Have the PDMWorkgroup add-in?
If this is the case, labels can be displayed, including the designation, in the administration options of the latter.

and no.PL I don't have it....

It's a shame not to be able to add this column !!!

So sorry a priori it's not possible...

I may have found the solution but I need a little light on the personalization of smart properties.

In order to allow me to identify the parts via their file name in the SW explorer, I save the files with the technical name followed by an * and then I enter a description of the part, example: SPO-080A-CU001-1 * stem reinforcement sheet.

So in my SPs, in the properties related to the documents I find the whole of this file name. So I have to create another SP that erases everything after the *.

So I created a new SP of type "string", I now want to recover the characters up to the * but I don't know what to indicate (see PC).

I think this solution can work.

Thank you in advance for helping me

a.png
Indeed, it is possible to retrieve the end of a string: In the "Recover characters to n by starting" box. By checking "at the beginning" and asking for the character "*", it indicates that we will recover all the characters from the beginning to the character "*". I haven't tested, I hope the * character doesn't serve as a wildcard in this field!

And yes .PL this character (*) is a problem I have to find another one...

On the other hand I don't know what to indicate in the box (name of the property to be recovered)?

Obviously it works but he adds @defaut@ before the desired name???

a.png
So we have to make another rule that removes the first 8 characters???
1 Like

Indeed, by dint of trial and error and thanks to .PL we get there slowly.

So in the end, I don't know if it's the simplest solution but it works, I create a second condition that takes the first one  and that effectively removes the characters from x to y.

Thank you

a.png