How to adjust extend a body according to the repetition of another body

Hi all

I'm looking for a solution to adjust a body according to a repetition of another body.

I browsed the forum, I found similar solutions but not exactly what I need.

I am attaching an image to visualize what I am explaining.

I work in soliworks 2018 in welded construction.

I drew a gate frame. Inside this frame I have vertical tubes and a top tube (in blue in my image).

I use the adjust/extend function to cut the top tube at each beginning and end of the vertical tubes.

The number of vertical tubes varies depending on the length of the gate.

Each time the number of vertical tubes varies, I am forced to re-edit the adjust/extend function to update it according to the new number of vertical tubes.

I'm looking for an automatic solution to no longer be forced to re-edit the function.

Does anyone have a macro-free solution?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards

capture_portail.jpg

Hello

How is the repetition of vertical bars done? by sketching or by linear repetition?

If it's the second case, you have to do the adjust/extend function before the repeat and there will be no need to go back to it

A+

1 Like

Hello

I also have the same problem. 

I tried  the method of adjustment before the repetition, you still have to re-edit the function and select the new welded construction bodies.

Do you have a file to share @ Hubert.

Julia 

It would be better to adjust just the 1st horizontal element and then repeat it at the same time as the intermediate amounts.

Or make the tube horizontal along the entire length and instead of adjusting it, make a sketch to remove the material and repeat this removal of material by linking the number of repetitions and the step to the repetition of the upright.

1 Like

I proceeded with a linear repetition.

The function must indeed be re-edited after the appearance of the new bodies.

For the answer of sbadenis, I cannot proceed by a repetition of the horizontal tubes, because the distance of the vacuum between each vertical tube is different.

Kind regards

Another lead for you:

- You put your vertical tubes first

- You don't use the adjust function but the removal of material with a small equation to control all this (spacing/quantities according to the length of the portal.

- Then you put your amounts using the equation that takes the number of material removals.

That's it.

1 Like

Thank you ronathan,

I'll try your solution. It seems to me to be a good solution and simple to implement. I hadn't thought about it.

If you read my 1st comment carefully:

Or make the tube horizontal along the entire length and instead of adjusting it, make a sketch to remove the material and repeat this removal of material by linking the number of repetitions and the step to the repetition of the upright.

That's exactly what I was proposing to you too!

2 Likes

Yes sbadenis, you're right. You had presented the same solution. Sorry.

I stayed on the 1st sentence which said to do a rehearsal.

Thank you again.

Sorry Sbadenis, I didn't want to short-circuit your post. I had misread and indeed it's roughly the same thing as what I developed.

No worries ronathan the goal is to solve the problem. And you did well,  since everyone had gone through my point 2!

1 Like

Hello

I have finally tested the solution of sbadenis and ronathan. It works the way I want it to.

Thank you.

Kind regards