How to change the path of automatic backups

The automatic backup files are put directly in the C: directory while I have to declare in the solidworks properties where to manage the backups

HELLO to start with would be much !!

An image or file to  share could help you better understand your problem.

Cdlt

4 Likes

HELLO

You have to go to tool==>option==>backup/recovery and there you select the different folders where you want to backup...

For the record: we are professionals (draftsmen/technicians) who generously answer questions so a minimum of politeness would be welcome...

5 Likes

Hello 

Forgive me for the polite formulas, no excuses, I'm not used to using forums, I thought I was going to go for the most direct.

Thank you for your answers but I had already declared a specific path in the backup options and the swx folders still appear at the root of the C:

Kind regards

Hi all

Since the 2018 versions, I still have problems creating backup and/or recovery files. These features don't always work and no alerts to fix them.

Despite the advice and settings made by Viasiativ myCADservices, backups and recoveries do not work 100%. During live tests with Visiativ, they work and on a daily basis, the function crashes and is not noticeable, the file is closed, the file is not saved, and the latest changes are not requested. You've lost your last changes, and autosaves didn't work either. (SW2020, SP4)

Do you have any opinions on equivalent competing software?

Kind regards

Gildas

Hi all

Since the 2018 versions, I still have problems creating backup and/or recovery files. These features don't always work and no alerts to fix them.

Despite the advice and settings made by Viasiativ myCADservices, backups and recoveries do not work 100%. During live tests with Visiativ, they work and on a daily basis, the function crashes and is not noticeable, the file is closed, the file is not saved, and the latest changes are not requested. You've lost your last changes, and autosaves didn't work either. (SW2020, SP4)

Do you have any opinions on equivalent competing software?

Kind regards

Gildas