How to design and manufacture a mini washing machine?

Hello

I have a very simple project. I would like to design and manufacture a mini washing machine. Of course, the design and manufacturing costs must be lower,

and the use must be simple. I'm only at the beginning of my project, the brainstorming phase. I don't know yet which method to use and I only have a very rough idea of the sizing. I am therefore looking for any documentation, information or advice that will help me achieve my project. Obviously, I will use this machine for personal purposes. So I have to make sure that it works properly. Thank you to those who will allow me to move in the right direction.  

1 Like

Hi @ guillaume

a washing machine WHAT the dishes, the laundry, a car?

Now recreating a product that comes out in large numbers I'm not sure that financially it's reliable

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Hello

Maybe we should base ourselves on the calor machines in my opinion:

http://www.calor.fr/sites/calor/files/not_notice/fichiers/machine_a_laver_5023_5024_5033.pdf

The system is very simple (my mother had one) and easy to improve

Hello Guillaume!

Curious your question!!

you are venturing into a Project/product/process development phase... And in all honesty it's a huge job (mine). 

The information we are likely to provide you with is the information you will glean from the net (unless we have a washing machine expert on Lynkoa).

The easiest: 

- already make an estimate of time/cost/budget (you'll already see that, as GT22 says, it's not profitable)

- do a mini benchmark (analysis of the products on the market, from the simplest to the most complex)

- Brainstorm (see what you want to keep or transfer compared to what is offered on the market)

- and then, start thinking about your product design...

Well, the steps are very simplified above!!

If you go all the way, bravo;) especially for a unique model and personal use.... It's going to cost you an arm and a leg.

Or maybe you don't tell us everything...

Cédric.

4 Likes

This one is quite original... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFdBszBXig8&feature=related

2 Likes

Guillaume

Write a set of specifications, then create a "Challenge".

The whole LYNKOA community will give you a little help with your project. 

1 Like

Good project, good idea!

Apart from the textbook case or working near a scrapyard, there are 2 real solutions:

- The "Mother Denise" method with old washing machines

- Buy your 2nd hand machine from solidarity associations (between 100 and 150€).

Cheaper, beware of water leaks, and a machine that may work less well than the 2 solutions above.

My curiosity forces me to ask the real question: Why create a standard machine that is reasonably priced? Unless it is not standard.

I found on the net, almost new and without the "bike" this model"

Carad Sirocco MW200TR - Mini washer dryer - Capacity 3 + 1 kg - CC - Translucent and blue"

for 89€ (Used once without shipping) or 149€ brand new. Filling and emptying is manual. But it is neither in kit form nor does it clean!

My answer is too late. It can be useful for someone else.

I've read a few articles about mini pedal washing machines. I think they are easier to design. So it will be better to make a prototype by hand to test and then add an engine.

You can also use parts for catia V5R20 and solid Works on the "grabcad" website.

You can also buy second-hand washing machines to test, learn the working principle and use them for spare parts.

You can consult the catalogues of new washing machines on the market to get an idea. For example, I found here : 

http://machine-a-laver-linge.com/mini-machine-a-laver/

A wall-mounted washing machine that allows you to manage the available space well.