How do you dimension a length of tube along the neutral fiber on solidworks 2022?

Hello

How can I rate the distance my part is on my tube along the neutral fiber?

The simplest way is to dimension your sketch in the room and then you import your dimensions via inserting object of the model marked for drawing if this is the case or not marked for drawing

Hello

I don't know if you bend your tubes yourself but with us I do and I proceed like this:
https://www.lynkoa.com/contenu/comment-déplier-un-tube-0

Thank you for your answer, yes it works like that but the dimension I would like to display on my plan does not necessarily exist in the sketch that creates my tube. Maybe I can add a piloted dimension of the trajectory length type measuring a sketch line that follows the neutral fiber to my collar, but what I'm trying to do is recover this length directly on my drawing, compared to my collar, I don't know if it's possible.

If you select the 3 axes with CTRL and if you click on the side function; It's not working?
Can you share your piece?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, in any case I can't get the rating I'm interested in.
I created a test piece just for that, it would really be the rating that you can see on the first screenshot of the post I'm interested in, in a single dimension, the whole length of the tube up to the necklace.

Test on the tube arc length side. SLDPRT (77.6 KB)

It's a hack but you have to redraw a spline and this one on this side see screen

4 Likes

Hello
I proceed as ac_cobra_427. After that, I'm interested in a faster solution.

For my part, I prefer side in the room and imported and I add as needed from the design of the piloted ribs to my MEP.

Hello
You have the solution with the trajectory length dimension dimension. But hey, visually you don't know where the length ends and begins:

4 Likes

@sbadenis , I'm not a fan of importing the dimensions into the room because if by mistake you click on one of the dimensions and modify it, it's the 3d that changes and it makes a mess.

1 Like

Me @ac_cobra_427 it's the side that I like of a small room with little ribbing. No need to reopen a room to update.
And also, if everything is constrained in the sketch, it is because there is no lack of ribs in the MEP.
It's up to each of us to do according to this preference.

3 Likes

I totally agree, I just raised the point because I had been an intern and his teacher had taught him that you can adjust the ribs in the MEP and my colleague had the imported ribs and it had made a monster :crazy_face: :crazy_face: mess :crazy_face:

Yes, that's what I ended up doing but I keep looking for a better way. Thank you anyway.

Hello @tous
Personally I am of the same opinion as Nicolas, conversion of the sketch slide the end and coincide it with the collar, insert the trajectory rib,

That's for the part you said test, piping is not my domain but if I understand that I have to respect a distance between collar (that's what I saw in a routing tutorial) and in general where the curve is not on plane, I'll go through one:

A global variable " entre_collier "

Do a repetition of the body collar following a curve,

Link to a property

In the drawing, retrieve the length in a note
Capture_4

2 Likes

I usually use the trajectory by putting a sensor on it. That way, with each modification, it is updated.