How do you create a sketch or part from the inside of a shell?

From a shell I would like to create a plate that goes inside this shell

How do you create a sketch or part from inside a shell?

Thank you

coque.jpg
1 Like

Hello, to create a part just put that part in an assembly and create a part in the assembly and use the face you want to use and convert the edges of the part into a sketch and then extrude.

nouvelle_piece_dans_un_assemblage.docx
6 Likes

Hello

In addition to the @manu67 method, you can also use the "offset" function to have the possibility to create a bit of play between the part and the hull. I don't know if with this function by selecting the bottom of the shell the peripheral edges are automatically selected (with "convert entities" it is the case).

You have to be careful about the assembly in which you are going to create this new part because there will be links between the shell and this part in the context of this assembly. If you delete or rename it carelessly, the links will be lost and a change in the dimensions of the shell will not be taken into account in the inner room. The "convert" or "offset" functions will also be in error. The loss of link is visible by the question mark following the sketch name in the inner room.

Have a good Sunday

2 Likes

I agree with @glaffont, if you rename the centerpiece without going through SolidWorks the links will be broken and create errors on the plate you created.

1 Like

Good answer from @manu67.

Otherwise, you can also duplicate the piece, take all the interior surfaces on the surface, sew them and put the thickness. 

We erase the hull body and that's it.

2 Likes