How do I create an interior leave?

Good evening

I have a small problem, I'm a beginner on solidworks, and I'm looking to create a bugdroid.

So my problem is, I have 2 parts: one is a half-sphere and the next is a cylinder with a fillet at the top of the head.

I would like the base of my cylinder to "fit" my half-sphere perfectly!

I tried to create an inner fillet from the base of my cylinder but this function must not exist! After I think there must be another way, does anyone have an idea of how to do it hoping to put it well explained!!

Thank you in advance.

Good night to all

antenne_1.sldprt

Good evening

I would advise you to make a profile sketch, and then brush around an axis.

It would be easier than taking a leave of absence 

2 Likes

There are several solutions, either you make an assembly of the two components and you make an imprint of one in the other or with a simple entanglement of material per revolution.

2 Likes

The easiest way is to make your cylinder + the leave directly with a revolution

Hello

The simplest, in my opinion, is to do it in two stages:

You start with your cylinder on which you make the leaves you want, then you model the head by making a revolution. And if by chance he puts you a geometric error, uncheck the box "merge entities".

Second solution you draw all of a sudden by making a revolution (see attached file) then it's up to you to adapt the size of the conges

bugdroid.sldprt

Hello

For my part, I would stay in the room mode using:

- Creation of 2 volume bodies

- Combine function

Kind regards

cylinder.sldprt
4 Likes

Hello

The two methods described above (combination of two bodies/revolution around an axis) are perfectly adapted to your question,

I would simply add that to choose one or the other of these solutions you have to look at the functionality of your part:

• if it is a solid part, which will be machined in one go and which will be independent in your assembly, use the revolution (with parameterized dimensions if necessary in case of future modifications); @SEPM solution. Gerald
  • if the two components (cylinder/half-sphere) are "distinguishable", e.g. by their functionality/material/machining/others, uses the body combination; @jmsavoyat solution

In my opinion, your piece should be made in simple revolution.

NB: sometimes it's not always easy to choose between the 2 methods, so in these moments you do with your fastest method :)!

A+

3 Likes

Small precision please:

Why do you want to design your antennas disjointed at the head? 

Thank you all for your quick answers.

I will try your solutions hoping to succeed. On the other hand I can't find the combiner function knowing that I'm on solidworks 2013 x64.

For @ Cédric Bréban, I thought that the solution of creating antennae separate from the head would be easier, to then constrain them to the latter. Do you have another solution?

Another problem, when I want to open your attachments, it opens an html page with all this code below in much longer... A solution?

ÃÃࡱá>ÿÿÃμÿÿÿÿ¿¿¿£¿£¿

Thanks again

For the combine function, I put online the 'Whipped Cream' tutorial you will find this function and where to find it in it;)

Cédric.

Oops!!!

with the link it's better!

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/capuchon-creme-fouettee

Thank you Cédric!

For my part, I think I have solved my problem.

So I created a plane tangential to my head, then drew an exquisite (a circle) in this plane.

I then used the boss/extrusion function in relation to the surface and not the plane, then add my fillet at the top of the antenna!

I did the same for my second antenna!

Here is my face in PC.

Other suggestions are valid and always good to take and/or know so don't hesitate!

Thank you again for your messages. I will publish the rest of my work

bugdroid.sldasm

Good evening everyone.

That's it, I've finished my bugdroid.

Here he is in the PC.

Thanks again to those who helped me!

bugdroid.sldasm