How to Create Electrical Machining

Hello

on SW how to create custom elementary machining.

Like a hole with a countersink opposite the starting face.

Thank you

1 Like

In SolidWorks, you can create "library functions".

See Help:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/Create_Library_Feature.htm?id=bab79dcc33604808b094025cdb18cddf#Pg0

I'm attaching an example of a library function.

fixation_implicite-_trou_log_chc_m10.sldlfp
1 Like

Hello

Your question is multiple in reality, the key is to know what you want to do:

-If it's machining such as drilling, just go to the <functions> tab and select the <Drilling Assist>. But you can do much more than just drilling: material removal, extrusions, windings.... Looking for something in particular?

-as for your idea of "opposite" countersinking, you will just have to select the opposite side to your starting face to have it in the other direction. In fact, it must necessarily lead to one face, otherwise how can the screw be inserted into the material?^^

Unless you are looking to create a particular intra-material shape, in which case extrusion(s) would be more suitable, the best being a profile removal of material for complex shapes.

I hope I have answered your question, otherwise feel free to detail your problem a little more here.

++

1 Like

Attached, as an example, is my interpretation of the function of the "opposite countersink"

To use it, copy the attached file to your "design library" folder

(To see where this directory is: Tools--->Options--->System Options-->File Location-->Design Library)

lamage_inverse.sldlfp
2 Likes

NB@flegendre

Thanks for the library functions template! But it's not production/machining? I mean, when you create (innovate) a part/concept there is little chance of having on hand an fdb that perfectly suits your new study  (example of the 6 holes you give us for example).

In which applications do you use these functions on your side?

++

1 Like

In the first example given, the drill series is standard (2 pin holes + 4 taps), so I created a library function of it.

Still:

When you put this bookcase function on your new design piece, everything is quickly configurable: Ø holes, center distances,....

(see attached view in the red square)

fonction_de_bibliotheque.jpg
1 Like

@Riky: The library functions in SW are used for multiple functions (material removal, extrusion, drilling, scanning etc...), the notion of machining or not is not important in my opinion, so everything is configurable and the files provided by flegendre are only examples of the extent of what can be done with library functions.

Kind regards

6 Likes